Your browser does not support JavaScript!
  • How do international students apply?
    A: The interested student can apply online A hard copy of application form and other relevant documents are needed to send by post to the admission department of NDHU. For more details please refer above link.
  • When can I expect to find out whether I have been admitted?
    A: International Student Office will keep contact with students and inform applicants of admission status.
  • What English proficiency test is required for admission to NDHU?
    A: Any certificate or statement to show your English or Chinese proficiency is acceptable.
  • What score of English or Chinese proficiency test is required for admission to NDHU?
    A: To apply for Chinese-taught Programs, International students should pass test of Proficiency-Huayu, TOP, Intermediate 3 or HSK Level 3, or obtain other equivalent certificates; to apply for English-taught Programs, a minimum TOEFL score of 500 or other equivalent tests is required.
  • Is the language of teaching is English or I need to learn Chinese language?
    A: In addition to academic programs taught in Chinese, National Dong Hwa University offer International Programs taught in English. For more information, please see Program Information.
  • Which scholarships International students can apply?
    A: Currently an international student can apply for one out of two scholarships. The two scholarships are NDHU scholarship and Taiwan government scholarship (TGS). For more detail please follow the link Financial Aid.
  • When do the International students know whether they have received the scholarship?
    A: International Student Office of NDHU will inform you of NDHU scholarship. As for the Taiwan Scholarship, applicants have to give interview in your country at Taiwan Embassy. The Taiwan Scholarship committee will evaluate your application.
  • Are there any on-campus jobs for international students?
    A: Yes, there are part-time work in campus.
  • Can I apply for TA/RA jobs?
    A: Yes, you can apply for TA/RA jobs depending on availability of jobs in respective departments. Please follow the link Financial Aid.
  • How can I improve my English/Chinese language skills?
    A: National Dong Hwa University offers two chinese language courses, one basic and the other advanced. in the following semester.
  • How to apply for residential certificate?
    A: For all international students the alien resident certificate (ARC) is compulsory. Once you have ARC you will be permitted for multiple entries in Taiwan (up to the end of expiry of ARC). Thus, you don’t need to apply for visa repeatingly. The documents you may need to apply a visa:
    1. A Passport valid for at least six months
    2. A completed application form
    3. Two 2x2 inch color photos (taken within past six months)
    4. Admission Letter
    5. Bank Statement
    6. Health Certificate
    Please check the website of Bureau of Consular Affairs for the latest information.
  • What do I need to know about Taiwan?
    A: Exclusively for International students who are and to be studying here, this website provides valuable information about learning and living in Taiwan.
  • Can I get some basic information about NDHU?
    A: NDHU offers many courses and programs delivered in English. Please visit this webpage for more information. NDHU Advantage
  • Are international students allowed not to get the health insurance in Taiwan?
    A: It is compulsory for anyone who plans to stay in Taiwan for more than four months to apply and pay for the health insurance. The premium is NTD$ 749/month.
  • What facilities are available in dorm?
    A: Each PhD and Master student can apply for single room while in case of undergraduate student they need to share the room. The dorm is semi-furnished including table, chair, bed and almari with internet and electrical connection. A common TV hall is located at the center of the dorm buildings. A refrigerator, washing machine and dryer are provided for each dorm building. For more details please refer the link for details Dormitory
  • How far is the city from university?
    A: 20-30 minutes ride to Hualien City from Shoufeng county.
  • Is there any free shuttle bus service?
    A: We have two campuses, Shoufeng and Meilub, located at different paces in Hualien County and connected through free shuttle bus. One can take full advantage of free shuttle bus service. For detail time table of shuttle bus please go through the
  • Which emergency numbers I need to know for safety?
    A: Police 110
        Fire 119
        Ambulance 119
        Hualien Hospital (03) 835-8141
        Tzu Chi Hostital (03) 856-1825
        University Polic (03)863-2995
請輸入此驗證碼 : 5442
Voice Play